by Alan Rabinowitz
A Boy and A Jaguar is a book about a little boy who loves animals and has a difficult time communicating because of stuttering. Animals help him, because he sees them as misunderstood, just as he sees himself as misunderstood.
Discussion questions from SOMN
- How do you think the author felt at school?
- Why do you think the author is passionate about speaking for jaguars?
- How can you use your voice to help others?
Classroom activities from SOMN
- Listen to this story: “Man and Beast” by Alan Rabinowitz
- Think of ways to make sure that all students feel welcome in the classroom–that everyone matters and has a “voice.” As a class, write a pledge that describes how students will treat one another.
- Make a paper plate jaguar mask. Search Google for ideas and directions.