This is the story of a young
frog with an identity crisis –
he wants to be anything but
a frog! It takes a meeting
with a hungry wolf for the
frog to decide that being
himself isn’t such a bad thing
- Why didn’t Frog want to
be a frog?
- What did Frog want to be? Why?
- Why did Frog change his mind about being a frog?
- How did Frog feel about himself at the end of the book?
- Show the book trailer by going to Youtube and entering “I Don’t Want
to be a Frog book trailer”.
- Sing “The Little Green Frog” song – again on Youtube.
- Pair children to draw pictures of each other. Write things you like about
each other or about yourselves on your picture.
- Make paper plate frog puppets. You can paint white paper plates, or
make it simple by buying green ones. Fold the paper plate, add googly
eyes and a red tongue, etc. Google directions for many versions of this